31 December 2009

Reduce. R.E.U.S.E. Recycle


As the resolutions become daily rituals of a new year and a fresh start I have been thinking of more ways to reduce, reuse and recycle. As each day passes I have become increasingly aware of my affect on the earth. While I was cleaning out my closet in a last ditch effort to organize and give to the goodwill I noticed how many pairs of jeans I have.
Let's face it most women's comfort zone rests in denim threads. Jeans have always, and continue to be my favorite. Especially the worn in pair that seem to mold to me like they were designed exclusively for my body. They are comfortable and can be worn with just about anything. However most of them, I am a little ashamed to say, are not environmentally friendly. There is no way I'm giving my lovely hip hugging denim to goodwill. So as I gather the bags on the way to be reused I wonder...Where in the world can I find recycled or environmentally friendly denim jeans? After just a little research I stumbled upon http://www.reusejeans.com/. "Step into a smaller carbon footprint one leg at a time." That is the first thing I saw and there is no arguing with that! These fabulous finds are made from sustainable 80% recycled premiere quality denim. In an effort to help reduce the effects that the fashion and textile industry have on the environment R.E.U.S.E. jeans have discovered a way to take one of the most popular items in anyone's closet and make it coincide with eco-fashion. A belief in a greener lifestyle does not have to stop at the closet door. So, a new item is added to the green resolution list, R.E.U.S.E. jeans! I can still have my favorite denim and feel confident about my green lifestyle choices "one leg at a time."

No comments: