22 June 2006

an introduction


Greetings! Before I start posting, I will introduce myself. I'm a 20 year old design student in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. At my university, a lot of focus has been brought to designing sustainable spaces and systems, but no focus has gone into how we can bring the philosophies behind green design and fair trade to haute couture, or even everyday clothing.

I've been scouring the net for great stores, organizations, and articles about organic design in fashion for a couple months now, thanks to huge blogs like treehugger.

However, I've found that many blogs are a deluge of such diverse--and interesting!--information that it is difficult to find the middle ground between expensive interior decor or scientific-minded discussions of alternative fuels.

So here goes. I hope I can share some fashion that helps push the green design movement to more consumers and keep us looking fabulous.


- Caitlin

No comments: